Are you a laboratory technician with a burning desire to work for something meaningful?
We offer a meaningful job within a highly motivated team of doers with a positive attitude. Our biochemistry company was founded to mitigate the eutrophication problem of our oceans. We develop and scale up biorefinery technology based on marine biomass (algae) and turn that biomass into valuable products while removing nutrients from the ocean. Our products are ingredients for use in e.g. the food, beverage, cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries. We are a value-driven, agile and fast-growing startup and we are all about concrete actions.
We are looking for two motivated lab technicians willing to develop their analytical skills. Your tasks will consist of analysing algae components using analytical techniques such as HPLC and UV-Vis spectroscopy. You should be a proactive team player able to execute routine analyses in a timely manner. You will be part of our analytical team and will participate in the quality control of feedstock, process intermediates and final products according to Standard Operating Procedures.
Key competencies to success in this role as a valuable and respected tribe member:
● Strong passion for meaningful and value-driven work
● Accuracy of measurements and precision execution protocols
● Reporting results in the database and to your supervisors
● Knowledge in HPLC and UV-Vis spectroscopy is a plus but not mandatory as training will be provided on the job
● Troubleshooting and maintenance of analytical equipment
● Good organisation skills, keeping your head cool under changing circumstances
● Good IT skills, familiar with spreadsheet software (e.g. excel, google sheets)
● Vocational school laboratory technician diploma
We are located in Espoo, Finland. Finnish skills are not required but a good command of English is necessary.
If you think we are on the same wavelength, contact us and let’s talk.
Submit your application by the 13th of November to:
R&D Manager Activist
If you would like to know more, you can also call us at +358 50 516 8491.